Subscribe
E-mail
Posts
Comments

According to today’s Courant it is still an open question as to whether or not one Yale student’s disgusting abortion “art” project was a hoax:

The artwork that the press flocked to Yale on Tuesday to see was nowhere to be found. Walking past colorful prints and abstract landscapes, the reporters descended into a sunken gallery space where Aliza Shvarts’ senior art project should have hung.

The Yale University senior sparked a national uproar after telling the student press last week that she repeatedly inseminated herself, “performed repeated self-induced miscarriages” and would use the blood to create artwork as a way of commenting on the form and function of the female body.

Yale has called it performance art and a “creative fiction,” and refused to let her hang the work — a cube wrapped in blood-smeared sheets of plastic — until she publicly acknowledges it as such. Yale also wants assurances that Shvarts did not try to inseminate herself or abort any pregnancies and that the art will not contain human blood.

So far, the artist has declined to meet Yale’s demands, while Yale has labeled her denials still more performance art.

The AP asked for my reaction last week:

Peter Wolfgang, executive director of the Family Institute of Connecticut, an anti-abortion group, said his anger was not mitigated by the fact that Shvarts was never pregnant.

“I’m astounded by this woman’s callousness,” he said. “There are thousands of women in this country who are dealing with the pain of having had an abortion, with the trauma of having suffered a miscarriage. For her to make light of that for her own purposes is just beyond words.”

6 Responses to “Abortion “Art” Project Still Front Page News”

1. on 23 Apr 2008 at 9:15 pmStopp Planned Parenthood of Connecticut

A hoax? Fiction? I think the girl’s art is something to look at (or not to look at) and say to yourself, “There but for the Grace of God go I.” Some are sicker than others and this girl is not the exception.
    Forgive us our tresspassers as we forgive them that tresspass against us.
    Jesus, protect and save the unborn.
    I pray and picket on the sidewalk of the Planned Parenthood of Connecticut in New Haven and lean a full size picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe on the sign post near their entrance driveway and this intercetion and picture of the pregnant Blessed Mother is the fruit of thy womb Art in its truest sence.
    I believe that I’m powerless over PPC and their new mega 3,500 square foot super abortion clinic bordering the Yale Campus and a poor black neighborhood. PPC also dispenses the sale of the medical abortion RU486 pills which kills a baby after implantation up to twelve weeks for profit. Leagally PPC must inform their clients to bring the dead baby back to their clinic for the proper disposal of (toxic waste material) to a medical labratory.
    As my 82 year old Stopper friend Stan would say to PPC clients on their way out, “Go back to God and ask His forgiveness.” Their’s also help and healing retreats at http://www.rachelsvinyard.org

2. on 24 Apr 2008 at 1:24 pmBob Rice

It’s ridiculous for a university to even consider such proposed horrific depictions of human tragedy as Art. It is more bizarre for a university to conceive that a woman even suggesting that she display the remnants of a her self induced aborted children would not result in her being examined by a group of competent psychiatric doctors to be tested for mental incompetency. Only an insane person would suggest such butchery be displayed as art. That pretty much paints a picture both of the artist and those persons at Yale responsible for even considering such a display.

If a student would even propose the idea that she purposely inseminate herself, then abort her children for art, the institution of higher learning should show the person the door. A supposed institution of higher learning should only encourage uplifting the dignity of human life, not creating a display degrading it.

Would they for even one moment consider putting on display the photographic evidence of Jeffrey Dahmer’s murdered, mutilated and cannibalized victims as Performance Art? Perhaps a gallery of the photos taken by cruel Nazi SS Scientists and surgeons performing experimental operations on live emaciated human subjects in concentration camps would also be a future exhibit that could be considered by Yale.

The problem that has befallen Yale and other Universities is that it has decayed from the once Flourishing Catholic institution it once was, into the swamp of immorality, liberalism and secularism that has embraced fully the World, and the culture of death that the world, through the secular society now promotes.

The dignity of the human person is nonexistent in today’s radical and liberal society. Why else would they even consider a display of the remnants of a woman’s own unborn children Art? A woman’s unborn children purposely killed by being expelled from her own womb, induced abortion by chemical and mineral and herbal potions. This is a perfect example of a woman placing her career, her ambitions and even for the sake of personal attention and notoriety, above that of the innocent unborn. Even the mere idea of such a concept should be met with contempt by such an institution prior to calling in the shrinks. This is a perfect example of the decay of family and the loss of genuine femininity. We have gone from the Mother who dies protecting her children to a woman who butchers her own children.

Of course the media ran down to see the carnage that was purported to be on display. How disappointed they must have been to see nothing there. The drive by media who are today’s version of those individuals who were seated in the Roman Coliseum waiting for the next mass of Christian Martyrs to be led in to be thrown to the lions and other wild animals.

It sickens my stomach to even consider any person being willing to subject herself to such evil ideas and to even think of calling it art. It is almost as nauseating to me to think of why anyone would want to send their child to such a university that would seek to encourage this sort of behavior in its students. It makes you wonder what else students are learning at Yale in the other subjects?

God Save us and Have Mercy on Us

3. on 24 Apr 2008 at 4:14 pmDavid

I agree that what this woman did, or said she did, is disgusting and Yale was wrong to allow it to continue. But to go off the track and bring up Planned Parenthood, or blame liberalism for this is ridiculous. She clearly has psychological issues which have nothing to to with politacl positions or abortion providers. I wonder how pointing fingers will provide this woman the help she needs.

4. on 25 Apr 2008 at 7:57 amAdam

First of all, Yale was never Catholic. Second, if every depiction of human tradgedy were excluded from the realm of art, then our artistic records would be nearly bare. How many depictions of mutilated bodies in wartime have you seen? How many peices of art, or books, or movies have come out of world war 2 and the holocaust?

Sure, if this were real it would suggest a level of mental instability on the part of the artist, however it wasn’t real. What this has done is open a dialouge about what is art, and about humanity, and most often times that is what the greatest art does.

5. on 26 Apr 2008 at 2:38 pmTricia

Certainly Planned Parenthood and liberalism can’t be blamed totally for this young woman’s sick ideas of “art.”

However, “Planned Barenhood” (quoting Bob Rice in his comment in most recent post on the “Courant shilling…” thread) is a major teacher of and promoter of the hedonistic, liberal notion so prevalent in society today that early and promiscuous sexual relations (and experimentation) are perfectly normal and acceptable recreational activity and entertainment.

If you couple that message (often taught in middle and high schools nowadays), which is even accepted by some parents, unfortunately, with the radical feminist agenda of “It’s my body and I can do what I want with it”—then Aliza’s senior “art project” seems not to me such a surprising result (though admittedly an extreme one).

Would to God that all parents would teach that all life is sacred, and that our bodies are sacred temples created by God. And that public schools were not engaged, all too often, in teaching the exact *opposite* values.

6. on 30 Apr 2008 at 8:20 pmStopp Planned Parenthood of Connecticut

Connect the dots. Planned Parenthood of Connecticut is married to Yale and even hosts the Yalie OB/GYN interns who want to learn how to do surgical abortions on Wednesday mornings, Mondays for the mandatory two time four week internships for those who do not want to learn how to do SA’s but must do everything else PPC does which is mostly dispensing the ten million $$$ in abortificient contraception each year for profit and even prepairing the PPC clients for their SA’s on Wednesdays.
    And ‘derrr’, wasn’t the medical director of PPC a Yale OB/GYN doctor and professor responsible for Griswald vs. PPC at the time that openned the door to leagalized ‘everything’ down the road at their numerous family planning clinics? And have’nt you already noticed the culture of death attitude so prevelent especially around Yale and PPC that’s so thick you can cut it with a knife and the supportors of PPC are so proud of? Keep an poen mind and something might fall in. Get with the fellowship you guys!!